Cheshire Cat Puppet

College starts Monday for me (boooooo!) I am going to be VERY busy...but the good thing is, several of my classes are art related, so I will still have lots of things to post!

Not long ago, for one of my classes, I was in a group doing a puppet show project. My group decided to do Alice in Wonderland and give it a Tim Burton twist (in honor of the new movie coming out.) I got the part of the Cheshire Cat and this is what he turned out looking like (I named him Cheshie):


I sewed him by hand in about an hour and a half. Luckily, I found all the supplies in my grandmother's sewing room and didn't have to buy a thing! He has a tail made of some kind of furry rope trim, a zipper tummy, and button eyes. The nose and whiskers are glitter glue, and all the rest is just regular fabric. He's a cutie pie!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's sooooo awesome!! i love the hand made puppets/stuffed animals :) :)
-melissa

Post a Comment