It's Been Awhile
Sorry I haven't had anything new up here in months...it's just so hard to update while busy with college work, etc. Anyway, I have some new things to show you, all of which were Christmas presents I made for my family this year!
I bought several of those little paper mache boxes from Hobby Lobby and painted them with acrylics. Some have little things on top of them, such as the deer, or the mario. Those are shrinky-dinks. You can buy shrinky dink paper at hobby lobby as well. It's about 7 dollars for 10 sheets of paper. Get the frosted if you want to use colored pencils. Basically, you color a large picture, cut it out, put it in the oven for 3 minutes (while watching it to make sure everything goes ok) and then it shrinks, hardens, and thickens! It really is the most magical thing! And you can do so much with it!
This box says "Always Remember To Love". I had the "Always Remember To" stickers, and then i just wrote on the "Love" with a pen. All The rest is acrylic paint. I painted the black edges of the lid with acrylic glitter glaze, too..so it's sparkly :)
This is a little box I did for my uncle. The deer is a shrinky dink. Most of the images on the lid behind the deer are rub on transfers (also available at Hobby Lobby)
This one I did for my boyfriend Todd's parents. The cross is a shrinky dink glued to the top. For the box, I first painted it black, then did a layer of shiny gold paint on top giving it that "old" look. For some added decoration, I used gel pen on top.
This is my favorite! It's a box I did for my two friends Jesse and Jo (they're married). Mario is a shrinky dink and I painted the rest by hand...it took a long time but turned out awesome!

And that's it for now!
0 comments:
Post a Comment