Planner Cover Redone (DIY)

So, every year I spend WAY more time than necessary trying to pick out the PERFECT yearly planner. It must have calendar pages large enough to write in, and daily pages that have enough room to fill in all my college assignment due dates and projects. This year's store of choice was Staples. I stood in the planner aisle for about an hour going back and forth between different styles and sizes. I found one I liked, but wasn't too thrilled about the outside covers design. I mean...it was cute and all...just not really me. So I took it home and decided to give it a bit of a doctoring up. ;)

Here is the cover:
(And yes that is Sora in the foreground and Howl in the background)


And the back:
(I'm a microbiologist from blorg lol)


Front inside:


Back inside:


Front and back spread:


It was so much fun to do, and it really didn't take that long. Here is what I did to make it:
1. Glued paper, drawings, and pictures that I already had onto the cover of the book.
2. Put stickers on. The robots came from the Dollar Tree and most of the other stickers are from Guitar Hero games lol (my boyfriend didn't want them).
3. Covered everything in strips of clear packing tape to hold it on.
4. Drew on top with black and neon sharpies.
5. Covered everything with clear packing tape again (so the sharpie wouldn't rub off over time)

So there you have it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so awesome :) :)

Post a Comment